I spent the day painting. I grew very very bitter as the day continued. So angry that i was missed out on my last holiday with friends for over a year! So bitter that I was spending my weekend painting and moving out of my house.
But as I reflected on the day and all the sacrifices that men, women and families are daily making my heart softened.
I was making this sacrifice today, so that in a few months I can also go fight for freedom. But not the freedom of the US, freedom, of those who are in bondage to sin, loneliness, human trafficking. I get to be apart of the battle happening world wide, not against flesh and blood but against evil. Luckily, unlike our fight against terroism, I know that God will ultimately win this war. However, there are many battles left to be fought, and many lives to share the freedom of the gospel with, and many many sacrifices to still be made.
It is more then worth it.
I was reading today all about the Holy Spirit and just reminded me how insanely worth all the trials that we come across on this earth are:
“No eye has seen,
No ear has heard,
and No human mind has conceived”
the things God has prepared for those who love him.
1 Corinthians 2:9
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33
I can't even WAIT what God has prepared for my future, even here on earth. But most importantly what God has prepared for me in eternity!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment